Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

X-Mass gift from the Slackware Store

Every year for the holiday's my Girlfriend likes to get me something Slackware. Last year she bought me the fabulous heavy weight black Slackware tee-shirt. This year I was surprised with a DVD subscription.

Recently there was a post at Linux Questions about the Slackware store. A few people complained their shipment was slow to arrive, and one poster made bold complaints of the store being a rip off. This prompted me to ask my Girlfriend how long - from payment to delivery - did it take. She said it was less than a week. Last year, I know it took only took 3 days for the tee-shirt to arrive. Maybe those that had issues are non US residents. Out of country shipping can be slow most of the time.

My only complaint about the DVD is that it is in a some what cheap jewel case. The inserts are nicely printed on good quality paper, and the DVD is of course pressed, not some DIY burn job. I swapped the inserts over to a thicker jewel case I had laying around.

It makes us feel warm on the inside, not only to give gifts to each other, but to also support a product like Slackware that we use day in and day out. Next I'll have to get one of those mouse pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment